IT Technician Sharepoint Role
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Hours: 45 per week (Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 17:30)
Queen Ethelburga’s is set in more than 220 acres of beautiful North Yorkshire countryside, on the Thorpe Underwood Estate. Staff work as one team – whether they are directly teaching or supporting students as part of the school and pastoral teams, or as part of our estates team making sure that the campus works as it should – to create a vibrant learning and living environment in which every student can thrive. We aspire to excellence, have high expectations of ourselves and others, and take pride in everything we do. We aim to nurture resilient, confident and independent lifelong learners. The Queen Ethelburga’s Collegiate Standard is ‘To be the best that I can with the gifts that I have’.
Working with a strong and established IT team who as a whole are responsible for supporting the business requirements for the provision of internal services. Delivering an effective support and maintenance service and to undertake the implementation of application developments, including defined projects where assigned, such as SQL, Office 365 and SharePoint programming.
- To develop, maintain and deploy Office 365 Sharepoint application to meet the needs of the business
- To implement application development requirements, with a constant focus on co-ordinating business efficiencies through the activities of applications development.
- To develop applications using the Microsoft Office 365 suite of applications
- To liaise with IT infrastructure services, in support of applications maintenance and development activities.
- To assist all areas of the business
- To deliver project milestones and tasks to agreed deadlines and quality standards
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of working with the Office 365 suite at an advanced level.
- Experience of using Microsoft Sharepoint solutions in on-premises and Sharepoint Online environments
- Office 365 / Sharepoint Online Development Experience
- Detailed understanding of Sharepoint concepts, methodologies and development tool-set
- Able to carry out instructions safely and carefully
- Able to communicate effectively with other staff
- Significant knowledge of complex database concepts and modelling
- Significant knowledge of functional systems/process design techniques
- Significant knowledge of various programming languages associated with Sharepoint framework
Along with a wealth of experience staff at QE benefit from competitive salaries, a pension scheme, fee discount for staff children, access to a dedicated staff gym, 25 days annual leave (plus 8 bank holiday days), staff socials and free parking.
QE is committed to ensuring a safe environment for its pupils and staff. Applicants will be required to provide proof of identity and undergo the relevant DBS checks for their role.
Any personal information you share with us on your application form will be used solely for recruitment purposes. Your details will be held for up to 6 months and destroyed after this time.If you have any questions on individual roles or the recruitment process, you can email them to the HR department on email@example.com.
Please note, we often receive high volumes of applications. Unfortunately this means that if you have not heard from us within two weeks of your application, you can assume that on this occasion your application will not have been successful.
Application Forms and Reference Documents
To apply, please complete the application form shown below and send it to us via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to FAO: HR Department, Queen Ethelburga's Collegiate, Thorpe Underwood Estate, Thorpe Underwood, York. YO26 9SS.